OK, so you know stress isn’t good for you. It causes you to be unhealthy, it makes you tired, it reduces your productivity, and as a result it’s going to effect your sales.
So, what’s the quickest way to reduce your stress?
Actually there are quiet a few methods that work, however let’s talk about the easiest and most effective.
It’s no secret that exercise has plenty of good effects on the body. One of them is to lower your stress.
Although, some foods are better than others. Which are the best foods? Spinach, oranges, and almonds are three you can start with. The good news is that just trying to eat more vegetables and fruits will help lower your stress levels.
This is definitely one of the main ways to lower stress quickly. Exercise not only reduces your stress, but it also does plenty of other great things for the body.
The two main forms of exercising are strength training and aerobic exercise. Both of them combat stress, but in different ways. For instance, strength training will help you become stronger and improve your physique. Muscles also burn more calories, so you’ll see those extra pounds melt away.
Walking is great aerobic exercise and better for raising your endurance levels. It’s an activity most people can easily do. This form of exercising does aid in fat loss, to a lesser extent.
So, which is best for lowering stress – strength training or aerobic exercise?
Aerobic exercise, like walking, might have the slight edge. Your body produces more endorphins during this type of activity. However, strength training is good for worrying less, because the reduced fat will put less strain on the body. Bottom-line, both can get you great results. The healthier you are, the better frame of mind you will be in.
Time Management Tweaks
Reducing the number of needless activities you do is key for eliminating stress. One of the best methods for this is applying the 80/20 principle.
This says that 80% of your results in life are produced by 20% of your efforts. So by analyzing your daily activities, it’s possible to quickly figure out where your results are coming from.
The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. – William James
How can you apply this to your life?
Lets say you own a business, and 80% of your sales are coming from one customer. However, 80% of your time is being consumed by the other 20% of your customers. According to this principle, you would be wise to eliminate the unprofitable customers, since they are using up most of your time but contributing the least to your sales.
What does this have to do with stress?
This will help you prioritize your activities better. Often times worry is the result of having too many things to do. Therefore, focusing on the critical few things that matter, and ignoring everything else, will reduce your workload, and therefore reduce your stress.
What “stressors” can you eliminate today? Start there and continue to eliminate activities that are time-wasters. When you start to identify ways to reduce your stress and eliminating them, you’ll find yourself benefiting in many areas of your business and personal life.
What would you add to this list of stress reducers? You can email me or share below in the comments section. Thank you.